Drip marketing is an internet marketing technique where businesses consistently “drip” targeted information to their prospects and current customers. It helps to keep business relationships fresh and ensures that the customer and business are motivated to continue in that relationship.
What is Drip Marketing?
Drip marketing is the systematic approach to moving leads through the “marketing funnel”. There is a sequence of steps that a contact goes through on their path to becoming your customer. These steps exist within what is commonly referred to as the sales or marketing funnel and include; Suspect > Prospect > Lead > Qualified Lead > Proposal > Close. This marketing methodology uses email marketing to automatically send (or “drip”) relevant information to individuals who are at various stages in your sales funnel, based on their actions or timing.
- Allows you to be especially relevant to your contacts by delivering them the right information at exactly the time that they are interested in seeing it. This pre-written content, which you deliver through the individual emails in your Drip Marketing campaign, is triggered by where your contacts are in your sales funnel or, how they are interacting with your website.
- Nurtures prospects until they become qualified leads and are ready to be contacted by your sales people. Additionally, it can provide your sales team with a regular stream of qualified sales leads. A drip becomes a trickle, becomes a stream, becomes a river, becomes a raging torrent… You get the idea.
- Automates the most monotonous part of your marketing activities, by educating and nurturing your sales leads for you. Drip Marketing is the marriage of email and a highly structured sales process. This allows your sales team to do more selling and less telling.
Variety in Drip Marketing
- Top-Of-FUnnel (TOFU) Drips are general or introductory in nature and can be used to initiate a dialogue or serve as an entry point into the sales funnel.
- Educational Drips are used to provide information about your products or services or, to train prospects and prepare them to become customers. This is slightly different than a training drip, whose purpose is to bring new customers on-board or, guide them through your training program.
- Reengagement Drips can be used to bring disengaged customers and prospects back into the fold. You may have special pricing or an offer that you want to make. Doing so is easy with a promotional drip.
These are just a few of the numerous ways Drip marketing can be used to bring a suspect to a qualified lead, with no direct involvement from your sales team. This steady stream of relationship-building content ensures that your prospects are truly qualified and ready for a sales call, when the time comes to engage them in your sales process.
In review, Drip Marketing:
- Drives traffic, qualified Leads and sales
- Delivers specific and timely content, tailored to your prospects’ interest
- Ensures highest quality and Return-On-Investment (ROI) from your Marketing activities
Be sure to ask your Account Manager about how Cazbah can help you exceed your sales and revenue goals through the implementation of Cazbah Direct, our Value Added Drip Marketing program for small businesses.
(Note: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action refers to the 4 fundamental elements of effective marketing communications. It’s a quick read that will help you develop all of your content online.)