Do your sales depend on “foot-traffic” through the front door of your small business? If so, then Local Optimization is something we need to pay very close attention to. Local Optimization is a branch of online marketing that caters to small businesses that rely on a specific geographic region or community for their sales.
Did you know:
- 97% of consumers who shop locally search for local businesses online
- 50% of smartphone users who do a local search visit a store withing a day of their search
- 54% of smartphone users search for business hours
- 53% of smartphone users search for directions to a local store
- 50% of smartphone users search for the local store address
- 45% of tablet and computer users search for availability of products at a local store
These stats prove how important it is to be found when consumers are conducting local searches for businesses like yours. When a local search is done, it is critical that all your business information is correct and consistent with all the local directories that supply the search engines with your business information. (See the local search ecosystem diagram above) If your business information is not correct across the internet you are much less likely to come up when a consumer does a local search for a business like yours.
How consistent is your local business information with the local business directories?
CLICK HERE to visit our
partner MOZ Local to find out
Local Optimization is a vital marketing tactic for any small business that depends on local customers for their sales. It takes time and knowledge but, it will make your small business stand out above your competition, ultimately driving more traffic to your website and through your front door.
Local Search Articles by Cazbah
In the past year, Google has rolled out several changes directly related to local search optimization and has spent more than half a billion dollars on local advertising enhancements. When Google spends that much money, you have to sit up and take notice.